As promised, here is my big dresser makeover! Hurray! To refresh your memory, the before:
And After:Ta Da!
See how it doesn't have that orangey hue anymore? That's thanks to Minwax's Dark Walnut stain. It took some serious sanding, but it happened. How serious was the sanding you ask? Take a gander at Exhibit 1: See how the right side is so much darker than the left? That's because it hadn't been sanded yet. I told you it was serious sanding!
The process for this was much like with my other refinishing project. Sand, Stain, then Poly. I used a different stain this time, but stuck with the tried and true Minwax Wipe-On Polyurethane. If it's not broke, don't fix it. I really do love the Wipe-On poly, it's almost too easy to use. I've also found that I really like richer, deeper stains so once again I used two coats to get a dramatic hue. Followed up by two more coats of poly and there was no way I could go wrong.
Now this great new piece has taken up residency in our master bedroom, and my T-shirts have found a new home. I can't wait to finally pull it all together and see how the room turns out.